In a mere 26 days, I will be submitting the first 20 pages of my memoir for a chance to be chosen for the 2016 PEN Center USA Emerging Voices Fellowship.
The Fellowship includes the following:
- Professional Mentorship
- Enrollment in classes at the UCLA Extension Writers’ Program (one 12-week course & a one-day workshop)
- Attending Author Evenings
- Enrollment in one genre-specific Masters Class
- Completion of a 25-hour volunteer project
- Voice Instruction Class to read work in recording studio & receive instruction on reading publicly
- Participation in (3) public readings
This is (by far) one of the scariest, most thrilling things I will do to get my book finished and get it published. I’m sure all you published (and even non-published) authors understand me when I say the part that scares me the most is having other people judge my work, but with a memoir they will also be judging my life and my experiences.
Even though I’m scared and nervous and anxious, I’m also very excited to see if I get this Fellowship. It’s an amazing opportunity to learn more about the craft of writing and gain valuable experience, all while working on my memoir.
So over the next 26 days I may be MIA from my blog, but know that I’ll be back in full force after I’ve had the chance to make my 20 pages good enough to submit.
If you want more information on this Fellowship please follow this link: Emerging Voices Fellowship
Tagged: author, Book Update, Emerging Voices Fellowship, Memoir, writer, writing
Good luck!! 📝📖👍🏼😊
LikeLiked by 1 person