My busy work and wedding planning schedule really put a dent in the blog this last month. I didn’t do nearly as much as I would have liked. We are less than 6 months away from the wedding and now it’s all about getting the little things done…and little things add up.
Even though it was pretty busy in my personal life, I think I accomplished a lot on Stories Unfolded this month. Again, not as much as I would have hoped. I still have some catching up to do on book reviews.
Here’s my October in review:
Very short list of books I read this month. I usually like to read at least 5 per month, but I’m happy with the books I did get to read.
Posts This Month:
Here are my October posts (excluding my weekly Sunday Quotes) –
- Monthly Review | September 2014
- Release Day | Sideswiped by Lia Riley
- Upcoming Book Review | Reviews In The Works
- Friday Finds | October 10, 2014
- My Life Update #5 | Blake Shelton Ten Times Crazier Tour
- Book Review | Walt Before Mickey by Timothy Susanin
- Balancing Life, Books, & Blogging
- Upcoming Book Review | This Is Falling by Ginger Scott
- Book Update | Renewed Motivation
- Speaking At My Alma Mater | Woodbury University
- Upcoming Book Review | If I Stay by Gayle Forman
- Friday Finds | Happy Halloween
Giveaways & Challenges:
I participated in the Sideswiped Blog Tour and posted a review that included two giveaways. Look out for more giveaways in November!
To get in the Halloween spirit, I participated in Paris Baker’s Spooky Reads Week. I picked Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn to read during that week. Still working on this book and a review will follow soon. After I’m done reading it, I’m going to see the movie with a friend.
This month I received two blog awards! Yay! Thank you to all my followers for making it possible.
I’ve been trying to attend more book events. I went to an author panel hosted by the Women’s National Book Association and an author reading event called Book’d in Burbank. Look out for the posts about these two events.
In October, I was trying to be more active with my social media efforts for my blog. I think I’ve been doing a pretty good job.
Follow me on:
Facebook: Stories Unfolded
How was your October?